Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rockin' and a rollllllin'

Rockin’ and rollin’ is pretty much the only thing the ship has done the entire time we’ve been on. There have been some really good moments, and some really, really, really not fun moments. As you can tell, I am clearly not completely coherent. This is due in part to the fact that I am completely sleep deprived and the fact the medication they give us to prevent/treat seasickness does a wonderful job at making you very, very tired. It has been quite the adjustment for all of us. Some have been able to adjust as if there are no problems at all. Others, like me, have had some issues adjusting. Right now I’m on “the patch” which the infirmary has for those that are having real problems adjusting. It’s frustrating because I didn’t feel sea sick on the last cruise I went on but I guess the combination of a small ship and hurricane swells will do the trick. Even those that aren’t getting seasick are still dealing with the being tired and getting their sea legs. The captain has the boat headed on a course that will lead us north of one hurricane and south of another which would allow us to avoid the brunt of it.

While I have had some miserable moments, I’ve also had some awesome moments as well. I’ve met so many and have really begun to make some strong connections with people. It’s interesting how many of us have no solid plans for Spain but it’s also a good thing because it allows me to find others with my interests who want to do the things I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment